Dr Julia Tan
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: +65.65070766Services and Specialty Areas
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Special Interest in Fertility Medicine
• Clinical Faculty, NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
• Clinical Teacher, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
• Undergraduate Facilitator, North West School of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, UK
• Best presenter, Asia Pacific Gynecology and Obstetrics Congress, Tokyo, Japan, 2018
• Best poster, ACP Research Day, Singapore, 2015
• TAN, J., SIRAJ, M. A Rare Case of Submucosal Fibroid Presented With Acute Abdomen: A Case Report. Journal of Medical Cases, North America, 11, May. 2020
• Julia Tan, Singh Priyanka, E Huang, Han HC. Spontaneous Expulsion of Giant Bladder Stone: Case Report. J Med Cases. 2018;9(2):58-60
• Koh SCD, Ming Li CHIA, Wan Chin Julia TAN, Mor Jack NG, Wan Shi TEY. Universal Screening versus Targeted Screening for Gestation Diabetes Mellitus at a Large Tertiary Hospital in Singapore. Singapore Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology2017; 48(1):35-43R
• Koh SCD, J Tan, Tan KH Universal Screening versus Targeted Screening for Gestation Diabetes Mellitus at a Large Tertiary Hospital in Singapore. Singapore Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 2016
• Nadarajah, J. Tan, Tan YR, Tan LK. Ogilvie’s Syndrome with Caecal Perforation Following Caesarean Section: A Case Report. Journal of Medical Cases. Volume 4, Number 4, April 2013, pages 230-233
- Mandarin Chinese
- Bahasa Melayu
- Hokkien Dialect
- Cantonese Dialect
Dr Julia Tan is an Obstetrics and Gynaecologist Consultant practising at Sincere Healthcare Group. She obtained her Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degrees (MBChB) with Honours from the University of Liverpool (UK) and did her initial obstetrics and gynaecology training in Liverpool Women’s Hospital, one of the UK’s largest maternity and gynaecology units. During this period, she worked alongside many internationally-renowned Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. She then returned to Singapore to pursue further advanced specialist training at KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital and Singapore General Hospital.
Dr Tan is a member of the prestigious Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (UK) and is a specialist accredited by the Singapore Ministry of Health. She is registered with the Medical Councils of Malaysia, the UK and Singapore for the credit of her extensive work and research contributions.
Dr Tan has comprehensive clinical experience in several specialties like maternal-fetal medicine for high-risk pregnancies and reproductive medicine for sub-fertility issues. Her special interests include early pregnancy management, abnormal menses bleeding, endometriosis, uterine fibroids and fertility screening.
Dr Tan has multiple publications concerning women’s health in many international journals and has presented her research at numerous local and international scientific conferences, spanning the UK, Spain, Australia and Japan, where she obtained international recognition and success.
As a woman and a mother, Dr Tan understands that the experience of visiting a gynaecologist can sometimes be overwhelming. She recognises that care for her patients’ well-being and empathy for their concerns are essential for a successful partnership between patients and doctors. She believes in educating individuals about their conditions and having them involved in their medical decision-making.
When she is not caring for patients, Dr Tan enjoys spending time with her husband and being a mom to her son. She is also passionate about serving the community and mentoring the next generation. Dr Tan is an active volunteer in an intervention programme for children reading below their academic level. She hopes to build on children’s confidence and literacy skills so they may be able to make a positive contribution to their homes and communities.